The PPI Working Group has expanded considerably this year in order to build on last year’s work. Last year, the Ideas Bank was published in Nov 2015 and the Guidance to aid NHS library staff who want to become further involved in supplying a service to patients, carers and the public was published in March 2016. These products from the PPI Working Group are available on this Knowledge for Healthcare website.
For 2016-17, the PPI Workstream is now composed of a Steering Group with representatives from many partner organisations and four Task & Finish Groups which are developing a suite of practical resources to support library staff, including:
- Supporting staff to make the case for patient information provision
- Further developing the Guidance, Ideas Bank and useful links and signposting etc.
- Supporting the development of local partnerships
- Developing materials for PPI workshops and meetings
- Mapping of training and CPD opportunities
We hope that the outputs from this work will give you all further ideas for partnership working and service development. By working collaboratively and using these resources, the skills and expertise NHS Library staff can make a valuable contribution to public and patient information which is a core part of the Knowledge for Healthcare vision.