- The National Core Content Re-Procurement Group continues to meet regularly. This is made up of representatives from Health Education England, NICE and the LKS community.
- Following the survey of LKS managers and audit of local e-resource procurement the group produced a long list of the resources in which the LKS community is interested in purchasing, assessed them against the high-level criteria (breadth; quality; value for money; discoverability; continuity; LKS recommendation), and thereby derived a short list, divided into three tiers.
- These resources have been included in the Invitation to Quote (ITQ). This is sent to all capable providers on the NICE Electronic and Print Content Framework Agreement.
- Suppliers have until 10th August to respond to the ITQ.
- Once quotes are received they will be evaluated and decisions made about the content to procure. We should be able inform you about the selection decisions in mid-October.
- We know that with a fixed national budget we won’t be able to purchase all the resources LKS staff would like to see made available to the NHS workforce through the National Core Content process. As a result, we will be engaging with LKS managers and Trusts to explore the possibility of pooling some of the funding which HEE currently distributes to Trusts to enable more central or collaborative purchasing.
Richard Bridgen on behalf of the National Core Content Re-Procurement Group