We live an age of amazing technological advance. Predictions of what is just around the corner are many. But what are the implications for health librarians?
This group has been put together to keep an eye on possible future developments in technology and think about their implications for librarians in healthcare. See the post ‘Introducing the Group’ for more information.
Previous posts have included:
- What role for virtual reality in healthcare, and specifically, health libraries?
- A report on the Med-Tech Innovation Conference 25-26th April 2018
- December 2017 update
The membership of the group is currently:
- Stephen Ayre (George Eliot Hospital) [Chair]
- Richard Bridgen (Health Education England)
- YiWen Hon (Royal Marsden Hospital)
- Trish Lacey (Public Health England)
- Catherine Micklethwaite (Torbay and South Devon)
- Ian Rennie (Cambridgeshire and Peterborough)
See the Emerging Technologies Group section of the Knowledge for Healthcare blog.
We’re looking to recruit new members for the group, so if this work interests and inspires you, please contact Stephen Ayre to join the group. Alternatively contact him to suggest a technology-related topic to look at.