What is it?
A suite of resources from the Learning Zone (see Gift 2) to give a flavour of the knowledge and skills required for the wide-range of existing and emerging roles in health library and knowledge services. The list includes everything from Clinical Librarian to Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) manager. There are postcard examples of people working in the jobs explaining in their own words what the key aspects of their jobs are and the impact.
What should you use it for?
These resources can be used to:
- Support career development (assist individuals with their personal career development by understanding more about the knowledge and skills required for different roles)
- Support managers (help managers develop a workforce with the correct skillmix including information to help assess staffing needs, write job descriptions and tips on recruitment)
- Find out more about portfolio careers
Links and useful resources
- Resources for role design
- Portfolio Careers Resource from the University of Oxford Careers Service
- Examples of job descriptions from NHS jobs
Workforce Planning and Development Group
Knowledge for Elfcare Slide deck
Download and view the presentation, click once to reveal the gift and again to find out more