Learning Zone – Knowledge Management
The Learning Zone signposts NHS library staff to key online resources which support their professional and personal development.
It has been created by the Workforce Planning and Development workstream of Knowledge for Healthcare.
- The Oxford Review – Can knowledge management really change organisational culture? by David Wilkinson
- Bartlett, Jennifer A. Creating a Knowledge Infrastructure: KM in Libraries Library Leadership & Management Vol 30, No 3 (2016)
- Corfield, Alison; Paton, Rob Investigating knowledge management: can KM really change organisational culture? Journal of Knowledge Management 20.1 (2016): 88-103.
Books & Reports
- Knowledge Mobilisation Framework E-Learning
- Knowledge Management Weekly Update – a weekly publication based on the hashtags #KM and #Knowledge Management created via paper.li.
- Knowledge into Action Toolkit – NHS Scotland
- Learning handbook – guidance & tools from NHS Improving Quality
- Quality Improvement Hub – NHS Scotland
- WesMD – How to ask powerful questions
Flyer for NHS Knowledge Mobilisation Framework E-Learning and How To Search The Literature Effectively: a step by step guide to success E-Learning.
KM Stories Reading List
Find out more about how to tell and use stories with the following resources:
Brophy, P (2004) Narrative-based Librarianship This is a pre-publication version of a paper published in The area of information and social communication: Festschrift for Professor Wanda Pindlova. (Studies in Library and Information Science Vol. 10) Krakow: Jagiellonian University Press, 2004. pp. 188-195.
Brophy, P (2009) Narrative-based Practice: Farnham, Ashgate.
Fuda, P (2014) 6 Principles for Communicating Your Story http://www.peterfuda.com/2014/11/13/6-principles-communicating-story/
Fuda, P (2014) 10 Benefits of Communicating Through Story
MindTools (2014) Business Storytelling: Using Stories to Inspire Available at: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/BusinessStoryTelling.htm
HBR Blog Network (2011) The art of purposeful storytelling Available at: http://blogs.hbr.org/2011/03/the-art-of-purposeful-storytel/
HBR Blog Network (2014) The irresistible power of storytelling as a strategic business tool Available at: http://blogs.hbr.org/2014/03/the-irresistible-power-of-storytelling-as-a-strategic-business-tool/
HBR Blog Network (2014) Using stories to persuade Available at: http://blogs.hbr.org/2011/03/using-stories-as-a-tool-of-per/
HBR Blog Network (2014) How to tell a great story Available at: http://blogs.hbr.org/2014/07/how-to-tell-a-great-story/
NHS Improving Quality (2014) Learning Handbook: Storytelling Available at: http://www.nhsiq.nhs.uk/media/2532602/nhs_iq_-_learning_handbook_-_storytelling.pdf