Knowvember18 was a Knowledge Management campaign which took place throughout November 2018 organised by two leadership project teams.
The idea was to highlight and showcase the ways in which library and knowledge services mobilise evidence and organisational knowledge.
People got involved by:
- Following and joining the campaign on Twitter: #Knowvember18
- Writing pledges using the Padlet Pledge wall
- Joining the #ukmedlibs twitter chat on the 16th October 2018
- Delivering a KM activity during the month of November and sharing what happened using #Knowvember18
- Pledge cards, Poster templates and evaluation cards were developed.
- Attending four regional events in September
Agendas and slides from the Knowvember18 Events
- Agenda for Exeter, Exeter slides
- Agenda for Leeds, Leeds slides
- Agenda for Leicester, Leicester slides
- Agenda for London, London slides
Key Lessons Learnt:
- There was support for a further event in 2019
- Future events should include all staff and focus upon how library assistants can get involved
- Showcases should focus upon real life examples of librarians facilitating KM activities and sharing what has or has not worked
- There is a need for ongoing KM related CPD delivered by Health Education England
- LKS should be encouraged to do KM activities throughout the year in response to organisational need rather than just in a single promotional month (November is a difficult time for organisations due to winter pressures)
- Acknowledging that some have difficulty releasing time for KM activities
- Acknowledging that some find it difficult to link KM activities to organisational priorities
- Create introductory information about the self assessment tool for a non-LKS audience