Focusing on #AMillionDecisions, our joint ongoing initiative, Sue Lacey Bryant, and Louise Goswami from Health Education England met with Sarah Hennessy and Imrana Ghumra, the co-chairs of CILIP Health Libraries Group on the 4th March 2019.
As we reported back in June, at 70 for #NHS70, #AMillionDecisionshas been successful at raising our profile. The campaign has:
- changed outdated perceptions
- articulated to employers that our role is business critical
- opened doors to senior decision makers
- expressed a common purpose that all librarians can get behind
- improved our skills as advocates
So what can you do?
As previously reported we have seen amazing promotional work around the country. There is a lot you can continue to do at a local level to use #AMillionDecisions to promote the impact of your service:
- Collect endorsements from your own leaders and local champions.
Use the social card template and, with their permission, display prominently across your organisations and on social media
- Continue to collect examples of your impact and submit your case studies to the Knowledge for Healthcare Blog. Use the impact case study vignette template to create your own vignettes and remember to publicise them using #AMillionDecisions – you may also like to include the following #HEELKS @CILIPinfo @CILIPHLG @NHS_HealthEdEng
- Continue to use the hashtag in your social media posts
- Check your #AMillionDecisions e-mail signature is still working. You may wish to add the additional text: Librarians and knowledge specialists bring the evidence to inform over a million decisions a day across healthcare
- Share key messages from the initiative within your organisations, visit the For Employers page for further information
For further information please contact your regional library lead.