Some patients and members of the public may visit the library with a reference they wish to follow up by using the library’s print stock.
“I saw an item in the Times quoting some research in the latest issue of the Lancet. Can I have a copy of the article?
My GP suggests I look at the book Fast Facts on Diabetes. Do you have a copy? I would like a copy of the chapter on…
Individual libraries may decide to charge for providing a printing, photocopying or scanning service.
- Start a Health Information section
- Books, leaflets, posters and a computer available to search with/without guidance
- Accept referrals
- Make your library open to individual referrals from other sector libraries
- Other services will tell you that this does not result in floods of referrals!
- Stock Reading Well Books (used to be known as Books on Prescription)
- Stock the same Reading Well Books as your local public library
- Promote these to staff for themselves or patients
- Incorporate Reading Well Books within the Trust’s wider health and well-being agenda
- The collection is also available for general borrowing