1. CLA Licence Plus
- This is the agreement signed between the Copyright Licensing Agency and the Department of Health for the NHS in England.
- Go to the CLA for the Licence and a Copying Guidelines poster.
- Use the Check Permissions Tool to check whether what you want to copy is covered by the Licence.
2. Copyright Act & ‘Library Privilege’
- If copies cannot be made under CLA Licence Plus, NHS library staff may supply copies under terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act of 1988. This includes digital as well as printed works.
- Briefing for library staff on Library and inter-library document supply and copyright in the NHS (updated July 2020). This explains:
- When to use the Licence Plus-
- When to use Library Privilege
- Wording to use when supplying articles under both routes
- When and how to obtain copyright fee paid (CFP) articles
A flow chart and interactive tool to help you decide when you need a Licence copy, when you need a Library Privilege copy, and when you need a Copyright Fee Paid (CFP) copy-
- NHS-HE crossover copyright queries: guidance for higher education and NHS Library staff (Updated July 2018)
Further help and support
- If you require further advice on copyright-related matters, contact the NHS Copyright First Responders at email@example.com
They aim to respond to queries within two working days.