Work is progressing on the creation of the STEP e-learning modules. Our content lead, Michelle Maden has made significant strides in working out the detail of the module content and the blended learning team have really got stuck into creating the design.
So far we have
- Agreed modules, titles and learning objectives
- Drafted the content of 3 of the 7 modules
- Planned the basic design of the modules in terms of menus, screen layout and colours
- Started work on a piece of animation to explain AND/OR
- Published a piece in the Health Libraries Group Newsletter
We have also decided on the collective name for the modules- How to search the literature effectively: a step by step guide for success. The feedback we received suggested making the title active ie how to.... as well as having positive connotations ie success. The step by step reflects our original project name STEP.
At all stages, we have tried wherever possible to obtain input from our ever helpful Virtual Reference Group, project team clinician and the steering group.
The modules are really starting to take shape now and we are hoping to release the first module for testing early on in the New Year so watch this space….!
Clinical Outreach Librarian
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
Knowledge and Library Services Manager
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust