The evaluation of Health Information Week 2019 highlighted that people involved in #HIW2019 would have liked a central website with resources for those running events, and for patients and members of the public.
This year, with support from the Patient Information Forum, we have created a central website.
In response to your feedback, we commissioned a professionally designed logo and branding on the website. Please do copy the logo and use the colours in your local Health Information Week resources. We will be adding posters which you can adapt for local use soon.
The website focuses on the two themes for #HIW2020:
- Finding information you can trust,
- Physical and mental wellbeing.
These themes were adapted from the longer list originally published, to reflect the impact of covid-19.
The website contains several different sections to help you with planning and running Health Information Week 2020 (#HIW2020):
- The Public Information page gives some basic guidance for members of the public on finding high quality information. It also includes questions to ask to evaluate patient information. As requested by you, this is a central place to direct patients and members of the public.
- The Resources page has downloadable resource sheets to help you plan #HIW2020 events:
- Some of the resource sheets focus on information you may want to highlight to your users – General health information sources; Apps; Charities; Finding information (information on finding and evaluating information); Quality standards (for health information); Physical wellbeing; and Mental wellbeing.
- Others focus on how to run an event. As well as the Ideas Bank, there is also a resource sheet on running an online event which will be particularly relevant given current social distancing restrictions.
- Keep up with the latest updates from the Health Information Week team on our blog page
- If you want to contact the team, as well as email@example.com or @HealthInfoWeek , you can now use our Contact Form.
Your feedback at the #UKMedLibs Twitter chat on 19th May suggested we should prioritise paying for a domain name. The team is currently investigating implementing this for 2021, so the web address will not change before #HIW2020 starts on 6th July.
Lindsay Snell, University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust, and Sheena Campbell, Patient Information Forum