Since our last blog in early November the group met to compile core questions for an Impact questionnaire. It was agreed that there was value in identifying a small set of core questions which could be recommended for all impact surveys. These could then be supplemented, if desired by individual services, with more targeted questions relevant to their own sectors or services. The advantage of this approach is that it offers the potential for feedback on these core questions to be collated nationally if desired.
The task and finish group used feedback from our reference group members, and the earlier SurveyMonkey responses, to compile a long list of themes which could then be summarised into a few core questions. There was also an awareness of the questions used in earlier surveys and the advantages of providing an element of continuity in order to allow comparison of future results with those already available.
A resulting draft list of four core questions is currently with the reference group for comment before being presented to the Quality and Impact Working Group in January 2016
Membership of the Value and Impact Task and Finish Group
- Jenny Turner – East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (Chair)
- Stephen Ayre – George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
- Douglas Knock – King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Rebecca Mitchelmore – Isle of Wight NHS Trust
- Susan Smith – Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Sophie Pattison – University College London
- Dominic Gilroy – Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust