Thank you to everyone who completed our online survey about TripPro back in December. We had a good response from an estimated 35% of NHS library services in England in addition to feedback from Public Health library teams. Your feedback helped inform the decision for HEE to fund TripPro nationally for a further two years from April 2019.
What you said about the benefits of TripPro
- It’s used by many to support mediated literature search services, often as a scoping tool in the initial stages of a search
- It’s a handy short cut to grey literature, particularly useful for guidelines and systematic reviews
- It’s useful in training sessions, especially to demonstrate the hierarchy of evidence to newer users as it is so clearly laid out
- It’s a quick and easy way to focus non-professional searchers on quality documents
- It complements NICE Evidence search
- Trip has recently started working with UnPayWall and as a result up to 70% of all articles (depending on document age and clinical area) are now available as full-text link outs
- The search technology has been upgraded, so the indexing is better and search results are more focused than previously
- Automated evidence maps have been added as a novel way of exploring the evidence base for interventions in a given topic area
- The Trip app is now available on the Apple App Store – and an Android version will be available soon
Your feedback also highlighted some of the limitations of TripPro and the scope for closer integration with other resources, more access routes and better signposting. We are working with Jon Brassey, Director of TripPro to explore ways to address these and will keep you updated.
How do I access it?
Access to TripPro is via IP address so you should get seamless access to the Pro version from your workplace. If you find you can’t access the Pro features, contact Jon Brassey with your organisation’s IP address (email@example.com)
If you would like further details or a copy of the full survey report, please contact Helene Gorring, Library & Knowledge Services Lead in London and KSS.