National resource discovery infrastructure
This is jointly provided by NICE and HEE, and comprises:
- HDAS (Healthcare Databases Advanced Search) built, maintained, and paid for by NICE. APIs search the bibliographic databases included in the National Core Content Collection.
- A national Link Resolver, supplied by Wolters Kluwer, provides links to purchased full-text journals licensed for use nationally, regionally, or locally.
- These links are available within HDAS, native interfaces of purchased databases and Journals A-Z. A Knowledge Base is available.
- The Link Resolver contract is managed by NICE. It is mostly funded by HEE.
- The NHS OpenAthens authentication system is supplied by JISC. It is managed and funded by NICE.
Trouble-shooting and support
- Problems with HDAS, the Link Resolver, NHS OpenAthens, NICE Evidence and access to national core content resources should be reported to the NICE helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 003 7744.
- NICE maintains an NICE Evidence Services Update Page with information about known problems and fix times.
- Subscribe to a quarterly update to keep up to date with news about these and other NICE products.
- Training and support materials are available for LKS staff and OA and Link Resolver administrators.
[Page last updated: 6 July 2020]